Here is more information courtesy of Inquirer.net on how to help Typhoon Ondoy’s victims. The public’s response has been very high. But truth be told, there is need for more relief goods.
I join calls from government and the private sector to request the public to be very careful in spreading information. Please don’t spread false information that would trigger panic. Please verify any critical messages first before sending them.
When donating, do double check the account numbers you will deposit cash into. There are reports of individuals spreading the wrong account numbers for their own selfish gain. Those doing this must be arrested!
Our prayers, actions, and call to action continue. May all our efforts now be focused on helping each other and lifting each other from this crisis.
- National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC) (+632-9125668, +632-9111406, +632-9115061, +632-9122665) Help hotlines: (+65 734-2118, 734-2120) email@example.com
- Philippine Coast Guard (+632-5276136)
- Air Force (+63908-1126976, +632-8535023)
- Metro Manila Development Authority (136)
- Marikina City Rescue (+632-6462436, +632-6462423, +632920-9072902) Pasig Rescue Emergency Number (+632-6310099)
- Quezon City Rescue (161)
- San Juan City Hall Command Post (+632-4681697)
- Bureau of Fire Protection Region III (Central Luzon) Hotline: (+63245-9634376)
- Senator Dick Gordon (+639178997898, +63938-444BOYS, +632-9342118, +632-4338528)
- Senator Manny Villar (+639174226800. +639172414864, +639276751981)
- Philippine National Red Cross (143, +632-5270000)
- Philippine National Red Cross Rizal Chapter operations center hotline: (+632-6350922, +632-6347824)
Rubber boat and chopper requests
- NCRPO (+632-8383203, +632-8383354)
Private citizens who would like to lend their motor boats for rescue please call emergency nos: +632-9125668, +632-9111406, +632-9122665, +632-9115061)
You can also text (+632917-4226800 or +632927-6751981) for rescue dump trucks.
For those who are able to lend 4×4 trucks for rescue: Please send truck to Greenhills Shopping Center Unimart Grocery to await deployment, Tel No. (+632920-9072902).
Petron & San Miguel Corporation are lending choppers for rescue operations, call/text: (+632917-8140655) ask for Lydia Ragasa
Power supply concerns
- Meralco (+63917-5592824, 16211, +63920-9292824) If you want service cut off to your area to prevent fires and electrocution.
- Donations of heavy duty flashlights needed for rescue operations in Cainta, Rizal area. Contact Cielo at (+632918-8824356)
- SMS: text RED to 2899 (Globe) and 4483 (Smart)
- G-Cash: text DONATEAMOUNT4-digit M-PINREDCROSS to 2882
- TXTPOWER.org: Paypal, Smart Money (5577-5144-1866-7103), G-Cash (0917-9751092)
- FINDERSERVICE. For Smart, text wis to 386.
- FINDERSERVICE. For Globe, text find to 7000.
- A group composed of Serge Gregorio and Franklin Naval has put up an interactive rescue map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&
Other Vital Information: